Cinderella (1950)

In my last blog, I used to make a post about the movies I watched and made review about it. Well that was so last blog. In this new one, I want to make another movies-themed labels, but in a different approach. Instead of reviewing the plot, I will make a character appreciation. I will write what I thought about characters in movies. And because it will contain spoilers, it'll be better if I make an appretiation to a character of old movies which plot were already known widely. 

So here is Cinderella
Well, who doesn't know her. If we talk about Cinderella in general, well it will take ages. It even take a long post in Wikipedia just to explain about her, involving her as an archetypal character as someone who was neglected and treated unfairly but finally got fortune because of one important revelation. This means that there are a lot of of folklore who has this Cinderella character, spreaded all over the world, started from China, to Middle East. So let's make this post way shorter by specifying which Cinderella I am about to write. And yes, the most popular Cinderella for me is the one told by Disney. And because Disney decided to make a movie from a Cinderella told by Charles Perrault which originally titled Cendrillion, then this Cinderella happened to be French. 
By 2016, she is turning 66 years old! She even older than my mother. Today, talks spreaded about how Cinderella was not a good role model, since she party till midnight, careless since she lost her shoes, and marry someone she barely knew. Well whoever said that definitely never watch this Cinderella. 
I think the vocal point of this movie was to tell children to always believe in their dreams and keep making efforts to realising it no matter how hard your surrounding stand against you. This girl was a prisoner in her own house! And yet she still managed to sing and made the full out of everything no matter how little she got. No she wasn't perfect. She cried, she whined, even grumbled about how unfair and evil her stepmother was. She didn't make some delusion to justify her stepmother action. She hated her too, I guess. 
The first trait I love about Cinderella was her modesty. I mean, at the ball, the first thing that all the girls did was finding the prince and greeting him in the most beautiful way they could think of. They came to get laid by the royal guy. But her! Do you know what she did when she arrived at the ball?
She was admiring the lamps!!!! Oh that pure girl. She didn't want to get laid. She just want to go out of her house once and have the time of her life. She was a teenager after all. She was so appreciative, even the chandeliers amazed her. 
The second trait I love about her, is that she was so innocent that made her a terrible liar
The fact that she didn't know that she was dancing all night with the prince proved my first point, that her motivation on coming to the ball was not to get laid by the prince. She just wanted to have fun. So when a fine mannered young man approached her and asked her to dance, she accepted. A prince or not, she danced anyway.
When the time striked twelve and the magic was gone, she didn't ask for more and feel sad. She said thank you! She said thank you to the fairy-god mother for a little chance she got. She was too mature for her own age. 
And about her losing the glass slipper. 
I guess we have to consider the fact that her toes were fingerless. 
Just kidding. Well I think the fact that she just lost her shoe in her first party was a good example too. You know kid, your shoes are the only thing you can lose in a party. Nothing more! Keep your other clothes where they belong.