Taman Sari, Yogyakarta, Special Region of Yogyakarta

Let's talk about Yogya first.
I think most people I met so far have this craving toward the city for the unknown reason to me. They perceive Yogya as if it was a holy ground, worth yearning for. Some of them might have such an attachment after living several years in Yogya, but most of them had developed such feelings toward the city only after several visits. Which I couldn't understand why.

Culture is something that valued the most in the city. You can see that the people have the pride of their culture, drawn in walls, buildings, and public transportation. And like any other city with iconic culture, they have a distinguished history as background.

One of the historical site in Yogya is this place called Taman Sari Water Castle. I don't think I' qualified to talk about the details of the history, and you can always google it somewhere else. But the main point is that the place used to be some kind of enormous spa house for the royal family of Yogyakarta. It's a huge complex of ruined white and brown walls with floral ornaments. 
First tip, don't be cocky and walk around on your own if it's your first time there, because you'll end up disappointed and confuse. Ask a favor from a tour guide and let them do their job, guiding you through the neighborhood to see even more interesting and majestic site.

If I didn't misunderstand our guide, there happened to be a place to do a Moslem regular prayer in a circular building under water, I think that's why the wall was cold when I pressed my palm against it. I need verification from any of you who actually know the complete history of the place.Or maybe I should just do some research and edit this post later...