Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind

Honestly, I rarely read non-fiction. When it comes to one, I usually read biography of someone famous. But I always have a high interest in evolution and history. And this book gave me both just by the title, which somehow remind me of the book written by Stephen Hawking. It has a fascinating opening at the back of the cover that made me so excited just when I opened it for the first time. It says: "Fire gave us power. Gossip helped us cooperate. Agriculture made us hungry for more. Mythology maintained law and order. Money gave us something we can really trust. Contradiction created culture. Science made us deadly."
 The book literally start from the very beginning. From the time there were six Sapiens living on this earth, and how we thrived to be the only one left to rule this planet. I know it sounds so arrogant to say that Homo sapiens rule the earth, but if you look closely and diminish all the hypocrisy, we are on our way to make this planet our playground like a preschooler who got crazy on sandbox stepping on anything on their way without caring much of the mess we created. The author faced us with some facts that slaps me with no mercy! Like how modern human treated calves! I cried. I was crying on the bus on my way home after work because I just read how miserable the life of calves are. He also talked about money, how this psychological concept become the sickness in our mental state, but at the same time become solutions to several of our issues. About religions of the world and their position in building today's civilization. About the rise and fall of empires. About how science made us into this completely different kind with uncontainable minds which goal is to be immortal!
(By the way, I made that collage above from combination of pictures I found in Pinterest that might represent the content of this book). I think I can consciously say, there was me before this book, and then there is me after this book.
Thank you Sir.