Java Jazz Festival 2017

I've been wanting to go to Java Jazz since I was in high school, but the ticket is always too expensive for students. And when I finally breakaway from students income, I thought, well this is the time girl. Go to Java Jazz and enjoy your weekend. And more, they had Ne-Yo!
We arrived even before the gate was opened. But we didn't have to wait for long. We first explore the foodtruck and searched for something that can fulfill our hunger. And after we went stage to stage, exploring. We first saw Barasuara, but we were not in luck because we arrived only to find that it was their last song. After we decided to see Glenn Fredly. Well I haven't been on any of his concert before. I of course like many Indonesian, know his songs. But I never knew that he was such a good performer on stage. He interacted well with the audience and knows where to put the jokes to lighten up a little bit. He also announced that his saxo player was about to get married. He played very well that night.
We were at the very back of the stage at first, but after seeing the schedule that Ne-Yo would come straight after this performance, we made our way through the front. And we did it!
Ne-Yo is special for me, because of one thing. His song Miss Independent was the first English song I memorize, even though I barely understand the meaning. He helped me through my English lesson so much. I listened a lot to him like I listen to The 1975 today :p His songs can always make me dance and sing unconsciously
Watching him on stage sure was brought some memories from middle school to high school. Remember that first guy I have a crush on, man that was long ago. It wasn't much. He was there with several band member and two hot dancers. I forgot how many songs he performed, but sure he sang Miss Independent, So Sick, One In A Million, Mad, etc. I croaked all the way to the end!!
It wasn't just the lineup, the whole package of the festival was awesome. I love the decor the most. It was full of decorations yet still gave a spacious place for the crowds. The stage was spread everywhere even in the food court. We could enjoy The Overtune performing while having meal. 
So overall, I was satisfied that night. Work was giving me a hard week these days, and having Java Jazz in the meantime was totally refreshed my brain out! It was good music, good atmosphere, good food, what a complete package. Can't wait for next year's!